Recipe by RockinChef
A somewhat basic pasta sauce, but one that will keep you coming back for more. Enjoy! :)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 lb lean ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, on high, heat oil.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and salt and pepper, stir.
- reduce heat to medium-high and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until onions and caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Turn heat back to high and add LEAN ground beef.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoe paste and dried herbs and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese.
- Serve over pasta, eggplant, bread, or whatever you feel like at the time.