Recipe by Sharon123
Don't let the simpleness of this recipe fool you, it is so good you'll want to lick the pan. I do! Taught to me by a 96 year old friend, and has become one of my favorite vegetables! I used to think green beans, ho hum, but not with this recipe!
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water (may need more later)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- all purpose Greek seasoning (optional)
- liquid smoke (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place olive oil in the bottom of a medium to large saucepan.
- Put green beans in pan, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over the beans.
- Pour in water.
- Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low, cover partially, and simmer for 45-60 minutes, or until the water is almost completely gone, stirring occasionally.
- This is approximate, so check every so often, you may need to add a little more water to get beans cooked to desired doneness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Note: My sister loves to add Greek seasoning and a few dashes of liquid smoke to this. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!