1/3 Photos of Lick the Pan Green Beans!
Don't let the simpleness of this recipe fool you, it is so good you'll want to lick the pan. I do! Taught to me by a 96 year old friend, and has become one of my favorite vegetables! I used to think green beans, ho hum, but not with this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place olive oil in the bottom of a medium to large saucepan.
- 2Put green beans in pan, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over the beans.
- 3Pour in water.
- 4Bring the pot to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low, cover partially, and simmer for 45-60 minutes, or until the water is almost completely gone, stirring occasionally.
- 5This is approximate, so check every so often, you may need to add a little more water to get beans cooked to desired doneness.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- 7Note: My sister loves to add Greek seasoning and a few dashes of liquid smoke to this. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lick the Pan Green Beans!
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 591.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g