Recipe by Debber
First time I had this at a church potluck, another lady and I were nearly fighting over the last serving--it was SO good! So we took the empty bowl and went looking for the owner to BEG for the recipe. Here it is!
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli (and cauliflower)
- 6 green onions (or one large onion)
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts (cashews are the best!)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (or less)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon; break into pieces; set aside.
- Trim broccoli stems, cut into 1/2 - 1-inch pieces; cut flower ends into small pieces, too; put into a large serving bowl.
- Slice green onions into the broccoli (large onion should be chopped).
- Add raisins and nuts to the broccoli and onions; tossing well.
- Add bacon now or wait until serving time if you don't like it to get soggy-ish.
- DRESSING: Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Add dressing to the broccoli mixture; stir well to coat everything.
- If you didn't add the bacon earlier, add it now.
- Best served at room temperature.
- OPTIONS: Leave out the raisins or nuts or bacon--just don't leave them all out at the same time. Instead of 3 bunches of broccoli, add some cauliflower--very pretty, too!