1/1 Photo of Lick-The-Bowl-Clean Bacon-Broccoli Salad
First time I had this at a church potluck, another lady and I were nearly fighting over the last serving--it was SO good! So we took the empty bowl and went looking for the owner to BEG for the recipe. Here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 bunches fresh broccoli (and cauliflower)
- 6 green onions (or one large onion)
- 1/2-1 cup raisins
- 1/2-1 cup nuts (cashews are the best!)
- 1Fry the bacon; break into pieces; set aside.
- 2Trim broccoli stems, cut into 1/2 - 1-inch pieces; cut flower ends into small pieces, too; put into a large serving bowl.
- 3Slice green onions into the broccoli (large onion should be chopped).
- 4Add raisins and nuts to the broccoli and onions; tossing well.
- 5Add bacon now or wait until serving time if you don't like it to get soggy-ish.
- 6DRESSING: Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- 7Add dressing to the broccoli mixture; stir well to coat everything.
- 8If you didn't add the bacon earlier, add it now.
- 9Best served at room temperature.
- 10OPTIONS: Leave out the raisins or nuts or bacon--just don't leave them all out at the same time. Instead of 3 bunches of broccoli, add some cauliflower--very pretty, too!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lick-The-Bowl-Clean Bacon-Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g