Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cinnamoned Peaches or Oranges from Morocco. For the test recipe I used one of my favorite summertime fruits: white peaches. Fresh from the garden lemon verbena garnished the fruit beautifully! From 'The Arabian Delights'. Try other seasonal fruits: watermelon/honeydew, nectarines, cara cara oranges, blood oranges, etc.
- 6 peaches (pit removed from peaches-pith removed from oranges) or 6 oranges, peeled (pit removed from peaches-pith removed from oranges)
- orange blossom water (DO NOT omit!)
- ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- kiwi fruit
- of fresh mint or fresh lemon verbena
- Slice the fruit and arrange on a pretty serving platter.
- Sprinkle fruit with a splash of orange blossom water (about 1/2 tablespoon), ground cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- Cover and set aside to allow flavors to intensify. You can refrigerate the fruit but should serve at room temperature.
- Just before serving, add another sprinkle of powdered sugar and garnish with fresh herbs of choice such as lemon verbena or fresh mint.
- Servings estimated.
I had to make this recipe using oranges as I chose the wrong time of year for peaches apparently. Anyway, I used navel oranges and it made for a very nice dessert. Made for NA*ME tag.
How can you go wrong with cinnamoned peaches? Tastes like peach pie, my favorite! Made for ZWT9.
Quite good! I loved the splash of orange. I went very light on the cinnamon and sugar and it was just perfect. Thanks for sharing! Made for Ramadan, 2013