Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ate this first at a friends house and it was absolutely delicious. I asked her for the recipe and have made it many times over the years. It is always popular with guests and children.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Peel and chop butternut squash. Place in a sauce pan with water oil and salt. Bring to the boil.
- Simmer covered until butternut squash is cooked, then uncover and simmer until all the water has evaporated.
- Grate or crush garlic and add to the pan along with the paprika. Stir in and cook for a further five minutes.
- Leave to cool and refrigerate, serve chilled with bread or rolls. Or alternatively serve hot over rice.