Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a popular appetizer served in Libya! Can't remember where I got the recipe!
- 1⁄4 lb feta or 1⁄4 lb goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (more if necessary)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 tablespoon fresh fennel, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- olive oil, to taste, for garnish
- crackers or chips, for serving
- Put cheese in a medium bowl and add 3 tablespoons yogurt and lemon juice.
- Using back of fork, mash until mix is smooth and creamy.
- If you need more yogurt to make smooth, add just a bit more to do so.
- Add dill OR fennel and parsley and stir to mix well.
- Transfer to small serving bowl, cover with wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- TO serve, drizzle top with a little olive oil.
- Prepare a basket of crackers/chips to serve with dip.
- You can also serve with crudites.
This is a great dip - it did need a bit of an 'edge' and so I added 1 minced garlic clove. The garlic suited it very well.