Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Steamed carrots with garlic-spice.
- 4 cups carrots (cut horizontally, aka into smaller circles)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Steam carrots and let them cool. Then place into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix and allow it to sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Very tasty salad. Luckily I happened to have fresh parsley on hand :D. Loved how all of the flavors came together in an interesting, bold and yummy way. Would certainly make this again.
YUM! I had to use dried parsley so I mixed the dressing up early & let it sit for awhile. I would use more cumin next time - it got lost in the garlic. Or maybe I should use less garlic. ;) Everyone loved it ~ even The Picky One! This would be great to multiply & make ahead for crowds in the summer. Thanks! Made for I've saved all these recipes & African Tag 3/12.
Easy dish to make ahead of time. The only problem we had was that the amount of cumin was a bit to much. Overpowered the carrots and garlic. Will cut in half next time. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.