Recipe by Sweetiebarbara
This is such a simple, but tasty salad to serve at Christmas. I got this from her in 1964. On the index card, it says 2 grapefruit, but I use 3. This has great eye appeal.
- 3 grapefruits
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (toasted then cut into medium sized pieces) (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (halved and drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine package with 3/4 cup boiling water until disolved.
- Add another 3/4 cup water and stir.
- Chill until mixture starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile cut grapefruit in half and remove fruit and any remaining membranes.
- Remove any membranes from fruit, and break segments in half.
- Add grapefruit, pecans and cherries to Jello.
- Fill each half grapefruit with mixture.
- Congeal, then cut each half in two.
- Serve each wedge on a small plate on a bed of lettuce to stablize.