Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 ounce garlic
- 1⁄2 lb carrot
- 3⁄4 lb onion
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh thyme
- 3 lbs shoulder beef
- 4 ounces flour
- 6 tablespoons beef base
- 1⁄2 lb celery
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- Sear meat in stockpot in butter.
- Add flour and wine, beef base and tomatoes.
- Dice carrots, celery, onion and add fresh thyme.
- Simmer for 40 minutes to an hour, or until desired doneness.
- Once cooked, remove meat and let cool before slicing.
- Pour gravy through sieve to remove all the vegetables, saving gravy to use with meat.
- Once meat has cooled, slice and place in a pan.
- Add gravy, wrap pan and reheat in oven to 165 degrees.