I found this North African recipe for the Zaar World Tour. I haven't made it *yet* but it looks yummy! Wait! Liberia is in West Africa *not* North Africa! Check your map, Beth!!!!
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer slowly, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes, stirring up every 5 minutes for the first 20 minutes.
- Smooth down the top and allow to brown.
- Cut into squares and serve either hot or cold.
This sounded delicious to me, however we apparently don't like molasses. Otherwise the recipe was really easy to make and if you are a molasses fancier then this recipe is for you. Made for Veg 'N Swap #19 tag.
I tried this recipe because I never know when the unusual will really wow me, and because I'm brave in the kitchen! I made as directed with molasses. The result was a very dark and pungent dish that didn't get firm; I even tried refrigerating it overnight. While it baked, my DH searched the house to make sure there wasn't something on fire! :0 Thanks, Elmotoo, for a fun afternoon in the kitchen and a chance to try something so very different. Made for Veggie Recipe Swap 43.
My whole family liked this one :] I wasn't sure if it would be overly spicy with the 2 tsp. of ginger but it added just the right amount. Used a dark 9" square pan and cooked exactly like you indicated, but the pone turned a dark color. Cut this into 9 side servings and everyone enjoyed. Made for V*gan Recipe Swap November 2008. Great Thanksgiving Day side as well.