Recipe by Elmotoo
I found this North African recipe for the Zaar World Tour. I haven't made it *yet* but it looks yummy! Wait! Liberia is in West Africa *not* North Africa! Check your map, Beth!!!!
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
This sounded delicious to me, however we apparently don't like molasses. Otherwise the recipe was really easy to make and if you are a molasses fancier then this recipe is for you. Made for Veg 'N Swap #19 tag.
- 3 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 1 cup molasses or 1 cup dark cane syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer slowly, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325F for 30 minutes, stirring up every 5 minutes for the first 20 minutes.
- Smooth down the top and allow to brown.
- Cut into squares and serve either hot or cold.