Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on several websites and adapted it to my liking. It is a nice gluten-free alternative to bread.
- 1 cup cream of rice (cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1⁄16 cup vegetable oil
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Bake in a well-greased 8 x 12-inch rectangular or 9-inch round cake pan at 375' for 40 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick (when it comes out dry, bread is done).
Wow, this was really great. I ended up using 2 whole eggs, no applesauce, and a little more banana (my banans were frozen so more "liquidy.") Excellent and easy!
This turned out just right - didn't change a thing. Baked in a cast-iron skillet. Moist and satisfying; my husband and I ate nearly the whole thing in one sitting. Great for breakfast or whenever.