Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From a Century 21 cookbook I found at Friends of the Library. This looks super good and I'll be trying it soon.
- 2 fryer chickens, cut in serving pieces
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 green peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with Accent and 1 t salt.
- Heat 1/2 c margarine over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Lower heat, cover and cook chicken 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/4 c margarine to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Brown onions and peppers, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Mix water and tomato paste, add remaining salt.
- Pour into pan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, reduce heat, over and cook about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Place chicken pieces over rice and cook about 2 minutes more.