Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy cake from a box mix. Always gets rave reviews.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (not pudding in the mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 toasted chopped pecans or 1⁄2 walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put all cake ingredients except nuts in bowl of electric mixer. Mix well on med.low for 4-5 minutes. Spray Bundt tube type pan with non-stick spray. Put nuts in pan. Pour in batter and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Make glaze while cake is baking. When done remove from oven and pour 1/2 of glaze over cake while still in the pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan. Let cool and brush remaining glaze over cake until all is absorbed.
- For glaze: Boil butter, sugar and water together for 3 minutes in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in wine. Let cool before putting on cake.
Very moist and easy to prepare cake. I used White Zinfandel which was fine, but I may experiment with different wines next time. Will make again. Thank you!
This is a favorite of mine. I've made it a bunch of times for our family and for parties. People always rave about this dessert. I've for the most part followed the recipe, but have on occassion added a little more wine to my glaze. You can't go wrong with this cake.
I have made this recipe now several times and it is a HUGE HIT! Everyone always wants the recipe. It has a nice spice flavor that goes well around the holidays and it is very moist. I loved having it for breakfast with my coffee...the wine glaze is the most irresistable part!! It was even a favorite at a dessert exchange I took it to. I have always followed the recipe as indicated except for one time when I did not have any pecans. It is better with the 1/2 cup nuts.