Peacemaking Rebel's Note:
Though I would enjoy pumpkin pie it was never my favorite. This year while making the obligatory Thanksgiving Day pie I decided to skip the ground cloves and replace it with ground cardamom. It was awesome!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used Turbinado sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (I used slightly more than 1/4)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (I used Libby's)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (I used the Nestle)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cardamom (do not add any cloves) in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- 2Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 3Bake in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. If whipped cream is desired top before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Libby's Tweaked Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 310.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g