Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My daughter just loves these sugar cookies! They are super easy and delicious! Serving size is a guess.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract or 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use colored sugars)
- Heat oven to 375º.
- In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, butter, oil, milk, almond (or vanilla) extract and egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Spread evenly in ungreased 15x10 baking pan; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 375º for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Excellent! I made as the recipe first. It tasted good! and it was easy to make. On the second try, I minced orange pills and put in the dough after everything on of the recipe ingredients mixed up. Then sprinkled sugar on top before baked. They turned out to be another success!
These were decent sugar cookies considering how easy they were. They're soft coming out of the oven, but crisp up nicely as they cool. Be sure to spread them evenly in the pan as any thin spots will bun quickly. Watch them carefully near the end as the timing between perfectly golden and burnt is quite short. They won't be my go-to sugar cookie recipe, but I'll probably make them again.
These cookies are exactly what they claim to be, easy. I increased the flour to 2 cups which created a nice consistency that was easy to scoop on a cookie sheet, resulting in yummy cookies that can be easily decorated. This recipe is definately a winner. Thanks for posting it.