Recipe by justtakealook82
This is a great tasting and unique holiday bread that will become a classic.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Lovely moist bread with some unique flavors that went together so easy. I did add some walnuts to the mixture and I think that added to it. I also cut the sugr down to 2 cups and that was plenty sweet for us. I was a little shocked at the amount of oil, but it seemed to work well with the recipe. I made in mini loafs and then froze most of them to use this holiday season when we have guests drop in.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can Libby's canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and orange juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pic inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.