Recipe by Dienia B.
It's a ham noodle recipe that Czech women make.If anyone knows about this please write and tell me a little more about it because Libby was a little vague on some points. Cooking times are a guess. read the reviews ive put and option with egg noodles in for those of you that dont make noodles
Top Review by MusicalityPhan
Would you believe this is the ONLY recipe on the web for this?? I used to make this with my mother when I was a kid, although we made the highly simplified version with ham (ground in a cast-iron grinder), egg noodles, and butter. I believe the closest Americanized spelling is "Fliechke," which Google apparently wants me to change to "Flikr." Go figure! At any rate, I'm very excited to see this recipe that seems so very close to how my family describes the way it "used" to be made. Thanks! =D
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles, optional cooked
- ham bone
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham in a food processor.
- Add flour, 6 eggs, salt, butter, and water to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out dough and cut into squares.
- Grease a casserole. if you use store bought noodles cook them in ham bone water and start here.if using noodles cook in ham bone broth until they float
- Layer ham noodles and cubed ham.
- Mix egg yolks and milk.
- Pour over noodles. Dot with butter.
- salt and pepper
- Bake until golden at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.