1/39 Photos of Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Well, after looking for this recipe on here and not having any luck, I decided to find it and post it. In my opinion, this is the best pumpkin pie. Make your own graham cracker crust or buy an already prepared one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (See note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (See note)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (See note)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can libby's 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Note: Substitute 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; the taste will be slightly different.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- 4Beat eggs in large bowl.
- 5Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- 6Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- 7Pour mixture into pie shell.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- 12Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- 13Top with whipped cream before serving for best results!
- 14Do not overcook; overcooking leads to pie cracking in the middle.
- 15Try to bake the day you will serve the pie. Cooking in advance can make the crust soggy. If you have to bake a day before serving, pop the pie in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes and it should bring the crust back to life!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g