Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
I found this recipe on the side of a Libby's whole kernel corn can. It sounds yummy, but I'll probably never make it myself because my family doesn't eat chilies. I figured I might not be able to enjoy this recipe, but someone else might!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken breasts, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled tortilla chips
- In medium saucepan, bring broth, tomatoes, and chillies to a boil.
- Stir in corn and reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 1 minute untill heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon in to serving bowls, sprinkle tortilla chips over top.
I love easy soup recipes and this is just that, easy. I tried this recipe after it had popped up on "A Random Recipe". I did use a fresh steamed chicken breast (shredded) in place of the canned chicken (the price of canned was astronomical). It was fast (less than 20 min) and easy and very delicious with a "mexican taste" to it, especially with the tortilla chips. Thanks LisaA for posting this, too bad your family doesn't like green chilis, I am wondering if anything else could be substituted, or maybe you could just leave them out.