Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bruschetta is the best way I know of to eat a "small plate" meal. It is a palette ready to recieve any topping. Here is one of my favorites
- 16 ounces French baguettes
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks, seasoned
- 1 flame- roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Slice bread on the diagonal and toast one side.
- Broil steak to med-rare, let sit 15 minutes and slice in strips as large as bruschetta is.
- cut pepper in long strips.
- Smear bread with a mixture of mayonnaise, garlic and pesto.
- lay a piece of steak on top.
- Place a piece of roasted pepper on top.