Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
MMMMMMM. I have to give credit to my little girls for the creation of this recipe. I love to make brownies from a box and just dress them up with chocolate chips and nuts before baking. My girls love white chocolate and macadamia nuts and wanted me to try them in brownies. It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped the first time I made them, because the white chips started to brown on the top. I revised the idea for company tonight, and this was the result. Everyone loved these brownies, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of dark chocolate syrup. I pulled these out of the oven just before we sat down for dinner, and by the time we were finished, they had cooled to just the right temperature to enjoy that warm, gooey texture that makes brownies great! Note: Egg, oil, and water amounts are based on the brownie mix I used. Consult the package for the proper amount for your mix.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread 2/3 of the brownie batter in a greased, 8x8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle white baking chips evenly over batter.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle macadamia nuts over the top. (The package I had said they were chopped, but they were still quite large, so I chopped mine a bit smaller).
- Bake brownies according to package directions for an 8x8 pan. I used a glass pan, and baked at 325 for 50-55 minutes.
These were really good. We love white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies so this was something different with our favorite flavors. I cut the brownies really really small because they are rich and you can't eat a full one by yourself. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR Tag game.