Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Libbie's recipe--she uses raisins though. This is an old recipe from the look of the clipping.
- 2⁄3 cup currants
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening or 1⁄4 cup lard
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Rinse currants or raisins drain.
- Sift together flour sugar baking powder and salt.
- Cut in lard.
- Stir in currants or raisins beat eggs add milk turn into dry muffin mixture stir till flour is moistened.
- Fill greased muffin pans about 2/3 full bake at 375° for 20 to 30 minutes.