Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is from Libbie's Little Black Book. I haven't tried these yet but her other cookies are great. The bottom 1/2 of the ingredients list is the filling recipe starting with the sugar. Thanks Heather for helping with these.
- Cook filling: Place the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup ground raisins in food processor.
- Add cornstarch, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- When cooked and thick, add nuts.
- To make dough, combine rest of ingredients to a soft dough.
- Roll out thin.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Put teaspoon of filling on one cookie and then top with another cookie. Pinch edges together.
- Bake in moderate oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until browned.
Absolutely delicious cookies! The dough is very easy to work with. I like the idea of no added time for chilling the dough. Thanks for the great recipe.
This is the best recipe I've found for raisin filled cookies. The dough is absolutely perfect! It rolls out nice and thin and is very tasty with the raisin filling. I like to sprinkle them with sugar before baking just to make the tops prettier and a bit crunchy. Thanks for posting! HK