Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Libbie's Little Black Book. I haven't tried these yet but her other cookies are great. The bottom 1/2 of the ingredients list is the filling recipe starting with the sugar. Thanks Heather for helping with these.
- Cook filling: Place the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup ground raisins in food processor.
- Add cornstarch, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- When cooked and thick, add nuts.
- To make dough, combine rest of ingredients to a soft dough.
- Roll out thin.
- Cut with cookie cutter.
- Put teaspoon of filling on one cookie and then top with another cookie. Pinch edges together.
- Bake in moderate oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes or until browned.