Recipe by Dienia B.
This is a very old recipe for meatballs. I don't know if she used it much as I don't think they ate spaghetti. This recipe was typed; I think it was from her school work.
Top Review by foodtvfan
Delicious meatballs and very easy to make. I used Panko breadcrumbs and added a little milk instead of the water. I baked the meatballs instead of frying them, simmered them in homemade spaghetti sauce for about 45 minutes, and served them with spaghetti, green salad and garlic toast. Yum.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- If you don't have olive oil use Wesson or Mazola oil and 1 clove garlic chopped real fine if you desire. Water is added in the mixing of ingredients but don't use too much. Salt and pepper to suit yourself.
- The secret of making good meat balls is in the way all of these ingredients are mixed.
- Mix the ground beef, ground pork, egg, olive oil, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and water together thoroughly.
- Form into meatballs about 2 inches in diameter; fry until well done.
- Allow to soak in a simmering sauce for 30 minutes before serving.