- 2 onions, cut in 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onions 1/4 thick; separate into rings.
- Combine flour, salt, egg, milk, and oil.
- Beat together just until dry ingredients are well moistened.
- Coat onions rings with batter.
- Fry a few onion rings at time in 375 degree Fahrenheit deep fat, stirring once to separate rings.
- When onions are golden brown, drain on paper, and salt to taste.