Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Mother-in-law's recipe. These ingredients are just guessing since Libby doesn't measure. She just cooks it and I'm trying to write her recipes down for her family. These are made with the tops of her spring onions.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion top (not the white part of the scallion)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté the green onion tops in butter until wilted.
- Add the whole eggs to the pan over medium heat and stir them until scrambled.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- She doesn't scramble them before she puts them in pan; this makes a denser scrambled egg and seems to make a big difference to my husband.
Wow! Are these delicious. A simple recipe but so filling. I loved the butter flavor. I made as posted and was surprised how creamy they were. I didn't miss the milk. Thanks for posting. :)
Very good eggs - I did beat the eggs together in a dish before cooking, but otherwise cooked as stated. Almost more like an omelet, as there is nothing added to the eggs. Love scallions with eggs.
These eggs make a quick, easy and tasty breakfast. I did not print the recipe so this morning when I made these I sprayed the pan with Pam instead of using the called for butter, a healthy mistake that did not hurt the recipe. Thanks for the post.