Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is how they make asparagus around my dh's house. It is enough to make a meatless meal. It's very satisfying.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces; cover with water and boil until tender.
- Add flour to milk; stir so there are no lumps.
- Drain asparagus, keeping 1 cup liquid.
- Add the milk mixture, salt and pepper. Cook until thick.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread, cut into points (halves).
- Pour creamed asparagus over toast.
this is very good didnt change anything but put sliced boiled eggs on each slice mmmmmmmmm this is good and easy to make thanks for sharing
Kick it up a notch and add diced boiled egg and cooked crumbled bacon on top. Yum
A little too much pepper for my liking. Would use less next time.