Recipe by Dienia B.
From my mother-in-law's recipes. It's really old and I don't know where she got it, but it's really coconutty. These are good and she made them a lot when Rudy was little in the 40's and 50's.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (a teaspoon of vinegar or lemon juice will sour regular milk)
- 2 cups coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to butter/egg mixture alternately with the sour milk.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by teaspoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned (these cookies will spread a little).