Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
My boyfriend's family eats these. I've never had them. I just made a whole bunch and every time you mention them they smile. I guess they eat these like fruit. I serve them cold. I have also cooked with them as they are not overly sweet. When canning, amounts are estimates, sorry.
- Blanch tomatoes to take skin off.
- Pack peeled tomatoes in hot sterilized jars.
- Fill 1/2 way add 1/2 cup of sugar to each jar.
- Fill jar rest of way with tomatoes.
- Seal and hot water bath for 45 minutes.
- You start timing when water is at a rolling boil around the jars.