Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
From Libbie again. Libbie says she always uses butter for baking. Don't laugh; she's 90 and still going strong. very nice buns i didnt really check for rising times just did these until doubles it did take about 1 hour though lol
- 9.85 ml yeast (2 packages)
- 59.14 ml warm water
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 1419.54 ml flour
- 118.29 ml lard or 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml milk, warm
- Mix yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- Add to the 6 cups flour.
- Add the lard or butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt to the warm milk.( i warmed butter and milk and salt in microwave).
- and i added it to yeast then made sponge with 2 cups flour and then added rest of flour
- Add this to the flour mixture.
- Knead dough 5 minutes; let stand 15 minutes in a warm place. covered with damp cloth.
- Shape into buns; let stand 5 more minutes in a warm place. i made 20 lime sized rolls and put in oiled 9x13 sized pan covered with damp cloth
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until browned and done. ( my ovens wonky ).