1/1 Photo of Libbie's 60 Minute Buns
1 hr 20 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
From Libbie again. Libbie says she always uses butter for baking. Don't laugh; she's 90 and still going strong. very nice buns i didnt really check for rising times just did these until doubles it did take about 1 hour though lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and 3 teaspoons sugar.
- 2Add to the 6 cups flour.
- 3Add the lard or butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt to the warm milk.( i warmed butter and milk and salt in microwave).
- 4and i added it to yeast then made sponge with 2 cups flour and then added rest of flour
- 5Add this to the flour mixture.
- 6Knead dough 5 minutes; let stand 15 minutes in a warm place. covered with damp cloth.
- 7Shape into buns; let stand 5 more minutes in a warm place. i made 20 lime sized rolls and put in oiled 9x13 sized pan covered with damp cloth
- 8Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until browned and done. ( my ovens wonky ).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Libbie's 60 Minute Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g