Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a special recipe from Libba. I think that you will enjoy it...and your friends will like it too. I do!
- Mix sugar, flour, milk& baking powder--set aside.
- Melt one stick of butter or oleo and place in a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Put peaches on bottom of dish.
- Pour batter over the peaches. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon, ground allspice, and a little sugar to taste over top of batter if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until desired browness is reached.
Very good! I did not use the butter and did not miss it. Will make this one again and again.
I had received this recipe from granny Hazel years ago and misplaced it, so I came to recipezaar hoping someone else had posted it. This is also a great recipe using fresh fruit - 4 cups fruit and 1 cup sugar. I have made it using fresh blackberries, raspberries, apples, peaches & blueberries. This will be my first time using canned fruit.
Made this simple and easy recipe, which was way different from Grandma's. Turned out very well. You neglected to put the temperature at which we should bake, but I winged that at 350 F. Very very nice! Easy too !