Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I find this dish crazy spicy and like to tone it down a bit.
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- chili oil or peanut oil
- soy sauce
- chinese black vinegar
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Peel the onion, cut off ends, cut in half from top to bottom, turn flat sides to the cutting board, and slice. The result will be half-rounds.
- Wash and chop cilantro.
- Toss onions and cilantro with dressing ingredients to taste. I wasn't given measurements, so just start with 2-3 teaspoons of each ingredient, and adjust if necessary.
- For authentic Yunnan spicy flavor, use chili oil and the full 2-3 teaspoons of red pepper flakes. To make it less spicy, use peanut oil and reduce the amount of red pepper.
- Serve with rice, other Chinese dishes, and a clear soup.