Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
lower fat fajitas ( only means you can eat more without the guilt)
- 1 lb lean flank steak
- 8 (8 inch) fat free tortillas
- cooking spray
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Trim fat from steak.
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips. Heat tortillas according to package directions. (you can jsut place on a grill 3-4 seconds).
- Set aside; keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add steak; saute 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomato wedges, onions, seasoning, and garlic; stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide steak mixture evenly among tortillas;.
- roll up.
- Top each fajita with 1 tablespoon chopped tomato and 1 tablespoon each of remaining ingredients.