Lanae Peterson's Note:
Very yummy biscuits! DH loves them, and they live up to their mile high name!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast and warm water.
- 2Let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3Add buttermilk to yeast mixture, and set aside.
- 4Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 6Add buttermilk mixture, mixing with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened DO NOT OVER MIX!
- 7Turn dough out on a floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times.
- 8Roll dough to .5 inch thickness.
- 9Cut with a 2.75 inch biscuit cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet, touching each other.
- 10Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- 11Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lex's Southern Raised Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 482.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g