Recipe by iris5555
Found this recipe in Chile Pepper magazine and modified it a bit. Never having had pulled pork in Lexington, I can't say whether or not it is authentic. I can say it was a really good addition to pulled pork.
Top Review by mommyoffour
This is so yummy. I love a vinegar based sauce for pulled pork so I went looking for one. I'm so glad I chose your recipe. Its tangy yet subtly sweet. Perfect accompaniment for the pork. Thanks for sharing with us all.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (original recipe called for up to 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup