Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ketchup based slaw for traditional N.C. pulled pork.
Make and share this Lexington Style Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs white cabbage
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Chop cabbage.
- In a small saucepan dissolve the sugar in the cider vinegar over a medium heat.
- Add other ingredients except the cabbage and mix well while simmering for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat before the mixture gets thick.
- Allow to cool for about 10 more minutes then pour over cabbage.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Serve immediately.