Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have always loved Lexington BBQ sauce, and after much experimenting, I believe I have finally mastered the sweet tang of Lexington sauce! Because my diet is strictly pork-free, I served this sauce with pulled chicken breast and my parents LOVED IT!
- 170.09 g can tomato sauce
- 177.44 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml Sugar Twin
- Set crockpot on high, and mix in first three ingredients; stir well.
- Add the remaining four and let sauce heat.
- Add pulled chicken or pork and let cook on low for a few hours so the meat is extra tender!
- Serve and enjoy!
Had a package of riblets just calling out for this sauce! So I listened, and put them in my crockpot. This is a very, very good BBQ sauce, with a good little bite. Glad I chose this recipe from you, as well as the others. Thnx for sharing this great recipe, Health Nut. Made for PAC Fall 2009.