Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have always loved Lexington BBQ sauce, and after much experimenting, I believe I have finally mastered the sweet tang of Lexington sauce! Because my diet is strictly pork-free, I served this sauce with pulled chicken breast and my parents LOVED IT!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Twin
- Set crockpot on high, and mix in first three ingredients; stir well.
- Add the remaining four and let sauce heat.
- Add pulled chicken or pork and let cook on low for a few hours so the meat is extra tender!
- Serve and enjoy!
Had a package of riblets just calling out for this sauce! So I listened, and put them in my crockpot. This is a very, very good BBQ sauce, with a good little bite. Glad I chose this recipe from you, as well as the others. Thnx for sharing this great recipe, Health Nut. Made for PAC Fall 2009.