Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The recipe said that you can use this sauce on anything and it will be the better for it but specifically recommends BBQ'ed meats and poultry.
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar or 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- salt, if desired
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let stand until cool.
- Spoon a small amount of the sauce over barbecued meats and poultry.
Nice easy sauce! It had a lot of flavor, with a bite of tang and heat from the peppers. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
Yummy! I cut the recipe in half and used it for my ribs that I had cooking in the crock pot...Ashley's Crock Pot Pork Ribs this dip/sauce worked great...and it's very easy to prepare...loved it...thanks for posting it...=)
Yummy, spicy dip! I upped the red pepper to a full teaspoon, and we really enjoyed this on roasted chicken. Thanks Annacia!