- 1 lb hot sausage
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black-eyed peas with jalapenos, undrained
- 1 (1 3/4 liter) bottle bloody mary mix
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 lb raw shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a large skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Combine sausage mix and bloody mary mix in a pot, simmer 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Add green peppers, black eyed peas, and rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 5 or 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.