Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple quick stir-fry dish where everyone can make their own. Use chicken if you prefer in place of the pork. You can make this sauce ahead of time. It will keep tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 2 days. From Eating Well.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 lb thin center-cut pork chops, cut into thin julienne strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed,cut into julienne strips
- 4 scallions, greens only,sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- To Prepare Sauce: Combine oyster sauce, water, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sherry (or rice wine), cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- To Prepare Stir-fry: Heat 2 tsp canola oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet or wok.
- Add pork; cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the pan.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil, garlic and ginger; cook stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and mushroom; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms have softened, about 4 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until a thick glossy sauce has formed, about 1 minute.
- Serve sprinkled with scallions and wrapped in lettuce leaves.
Very tasty and very easy to make. Dave made this and was a bit confused as to why there was an extra teaspoon of cornstarch, he didn't use it. We used 500 grams of very lean pork mince (ground pork) and doubled the sauce mix (except for the cornstarch). A definite keeper for our family. Thank you for posting.
delicious quick and easy dinner, i loved the sauce. i followed this exactly but instead of serving in the lettuce wrappers i served this over rice for 3 of us. this is a keeper.