Nice change. Found recipe on web. Great low carb meal. Times estimated.
Make and share this Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground turkey or 2 lbs fav. ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (7/8 ounce) package stir fry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- iceberg lettuce
- Brown ground turkey & it in a smig sesame oil & a little hot chili oil.
- Added some light soy sauce, pepper, garlic, 1/2 pkg of stir fry seasoning & 2 tbs of teriayaki sauce.
- After it browned about halfway I added 1 bunch chopped green onions & about a half a bag of coleslaw mix (just thin sliced cabbage& a little carrot not enough to worry about) and finished browning.
- While it continued to cook wash a head of iceberg lettuce & carefully peel off the leaves leaving whole.
- When turkey mixture is done & good & hot you just put some in the middle of the lettuce leaf wrap it up & enjoy.
- The hot mixture with the crisp cold lettuce is a wonderful combination.
AMAZING!!!!! I would give this like 30 stars if I could! YUM!!!!
My DH and I enjoyed this meat and coleslaw combination. We did not eat it as a wrap with lettuce. I prepared the ground meat and seasonings the day before, then briefly sauteed the coleslaw mix in a little more sesame oil, added in the meat mixture and heated it through. I did omit the chili oil but sprinkled a little chile powder. Thanks for posting.
Easy, Healthy, Great! I made it as written and it was wonderful! My picky daughter loves it! Thanks for sharing!