Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of P F Changs lettuce wraps recipe. It is a lot less time consuming. Plus this versatile filling can be used in a flour tortilla with some cheese and fold over and microwave for a minute for a tasty burrito. Also it works really well as a topping on your pizza. I spread some basil pesto on a flour tortilla and add some shredded cheese and some of the filling and bake for 8 minutes and it is delicious.
- romaine lettuce leaf (cut in half horizontally)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons finely diced peeled ginger (fresh ginger is key to this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambal oelek (or any other chili sauce that you prefer)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the bell peppers and the turkey and cook until the turkey is almost cooked through and browned slightly, about 7 - 8 minutes. Add the hoison sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Let cook another 4 to 5 minutes until the sauce reduces. Remove from the heat.
- Add the sesame oil, cilantro, pine nuts and green onion and stir to combine. To serve place a spoonful of the mixture in each lettuce leaf. Garnish with extra cilantro if desired.
This was easy to make, took some time to cut all the veggies up, but well worth it! I cut the oils down a little and didn't use as much chili sauce because my kids don't like spicy foods. I will be making this again, only doubling it so there is some left over! Even my fussy daughter ate the veggies in it and didn't complain!
Really easy and really tasty! Thanks for sharing this! Easy ingredients the only thing I added were some seeded red peppers from our garden. My three old daughter and husband enjoyed eating this meal. For a summer dinner I served it with a side of white rice and a salad. This recipe is a keeper!
This recipe is awsome. I used butter lettuce and used all of the peppers. It was so good. be prepared for a lot of chopping. I also didn't follow the times. It took me a little longer to make. My husband and I have competitions cooking, I definitely won that week!