Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
South Beach Diet recipe.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped and peeled
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Chop up celery, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger as specified in the ingredients.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or just until they are opaque throughout, stirring constantly. Transfer the shrimp to a medium bowl.
- To the same skillet, add the celery, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes or until celery is tender-crisp, stirring constantly.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet, stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for one minute or just until the mixture is heated through. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Evenly divide the shrimp amongst the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve immediately, can be appetizers or even a first course.