Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is the seafood version of the lettuce wrap.
- 240 g large shrimp, shell removed,deveined and cut into small pieces
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced young ginger
- cooking oil
- 80 g canned bamboo shoots, chopped finely
- 60 g sweet onions, chopped finely
- 60 g Chinese celery or 60 g coriander, chopped finely
- 40 g water chestnuts, chopped finely (optional)
- 4 canned shiitake mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 egg white
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, dissolved with water
- Mix bomboo shoots, sweet onions, chinese celery, water chestnuts and mushrooms together in a bowl.
- Leave the vegetables mixture aside.
- Mix egg white, rice wine, cornstarch and a dash of salt together in a separate bowl and pour it over into the vegetables mixture above.
- Parboil these quickly and drain.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Stir-fry the ginger until fragrant.
- Add in the vegetables mixture to stir-fry.
- When vegetables are about ready, add in the stock, sesame oil, dash of salt, sugar and pepper to season.
- Add in the shrimps.
- Stir-fry till the shrimps are just cooked, then add in the cornstarch solution to thicken.
- Stir until the mixture is quite dry.
- Remove into a plate.
- To serve, scoop a portion of the shrimp mixture onto a lettuce leaf, then wrap them in.
This recipe was part of our Christnas Eve smorgaasbord and was delicious, I put some garlic in it and also a bit of soy. Thanks for a great addition to my favorite recipes.
I thought these were very good. Thanks for the recipe. foodie