Kim Ong's Note:
Here is the seafood version of the lettuce wrap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 240 g large shrimp, shell removed,deveined and cut into small pieces
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced young ginger
- cooking oil
- 80 g canned bamboo shoots, chopped finely
- 60 g sweet onions, chopped finely
- 60 g Chinese celery or 60 g coriander, chopped finely
- 40 g water chestnuts, chopped finely (optional)
- 4 canned shiitake mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1/4 egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, dissolved with water
- 1Mix bomboo shoots, sweet onions, chinese celery, water chestnuts and mushrooms together in a bowl.
- 2Leave the vegetables mixture aside.
- 3Mix egg white, rice wine, cornstarch and a dash of salt together in a separate bowl and pour it over into the vegetables mixture above.
- 4Parboil these quickly and drain.
- 5Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- 6Stir-fry the ginger until fragrant.
- 7Add in the vegetables mixture to stir-fry.
- 8When vegetables are about ready, add in the stock, sesame oil, dash of salt, sugar and pepper to season.
- 9Add in the shrimps.
- 10Stir-fry till the shrimps are just cooked, then add in the cornstarch solution to thicken.
- 11Stir until the mixture is quite dry.
- 12Remove into a plate.
- 13To serve, scoop a portion of the shrimp mixture onto a lettuce leaf, then wrap them in.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce Wrapped Shrimps
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: