Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
Crunchy lettuce gives this fajita a fresh and healthy twist. You can use tortillas if you prefer.
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, for grilling
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 8 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat off steak; sprinkle with half each of the chili powder and salt.
- Broil steak, turning once, until browned but still pink inside, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Meanwhile, brush the vegetable oil over nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook red and green peppers, sliced onion, minced garlic and remaining chili powder and salt stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and lime juice.
- Mound vegetables, steak and sour cream in each lettuce leaves; roll up.