Recipe by afsah2006
I adopted this recipe from a recipe book, I got from the library. MashaAllah! This is the best salad I have ever had--especially the sauce, it is so yummy.
- 8 wonton wrappers
- deep frying oil
- 2 gem lettuce, cut into 1 inch size
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 hard-cooked egg white, diced
For the Peanut Dressing
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 3 drops lemon juice (optional)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the peanut dressing by combining the peanut butter, coconut milk and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat just until blended.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and Tabasco sauce, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set a aside and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Separate the wonton wrappers, restack them and cut into four.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or wok. When hot, add the wonton wrappers about few at a time and fry until browned. Lift them out of the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen paper. ***Note:: the wontons will be fried very quickly take care not to burn them).
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on serving plates. Drizzle with half of the peanut dressing and scatter the cucumber, tomatoes and eggs on top. Spread the crisps on the top and lastly add the rest of the peanut dressing all over the salad (especially the crisps).